Wednesday 13 February 2008

A Li'le Poem For Us

10th Feb , 2008. 2330 hrs.

Moonlit stripes – across a face and onto the wall

Gentle and serene nightfall in hinterland

The cold of winter and the warmth of love mingle.

A hand changes the face of the world for me

Makes me feel so beautiful

A beauty created of itself and for itself.


The warm stripes of the morning sun

My hand swishes open curtains in welcome

But there’s warmth beside me too, welcoming me to the morning.


Beauty unknown and unsought

Love unasked for and found

Selfless and selfish.

In the time that I was most content

I found what I had searched for in vain –

A lifetime to live and love – Together!


And so I think, in those first rays of the morning,

As we often lose an object finding it only when we need it not,

Such is love.


Like a flash of lightening,

The sun that peeks after the rain,

Like the wetness of the rain contained within.

No comments:

 

Browse