Thursday 3 May 2007

Disguised Unemployment

A person who sits in front of the TV all the time's a couch potato. Now having stated that well known fact, I wonder what I am. For all I do all day (for the last two days) is stare pointlessly at the computer screen, wreak my eyes and my back and wonder what to do with all the time that I have.

The irony of it all is, there was a time just two months ago when I did not even have the time to sleep. The pity of it all is that I can't store this time in a box, nor can I enjoy it. People around me envy me. I envy them. The jobless envy the busy and vice-versa.

This chair potato (as I have elected to call myself in my new capacity as a jobless with a job) finally understands whatever economists meant when they coined the term disguised unemployment.

No comments:

 

Browse